Saturday, March 8, 2014

Mizuno Wave Inspire 9 Shoe Review

This is the third time I will be reviewing some gears. As stated in my previous review this reflects only my experience about the product. I was not paid to review nor given free stuff, I bought this with my own money.  So here goes.

My previous "Go To Shoe" from another shoe manufacturer was getting phased out (I already have three pairs of the same model and color).  And although they already came up with two reincarnations of the shoe, they were just not the same.  So I tried to switch to other brands but unfortunately, they too do not conform to my liking. So finally I bought the Mizuno Wave Inspire 9's out of sheer curiosity.




Here are some technologies of the Mizuno Wave Inspire 9

CUSHIONING
Mizuno Wave consists of an elastic, thermal plastic wave running from the heel to the midfoot, creating an incredibly springy and well-cushioned ride. 
VS-1 cushioning material in the heel provides additional shock absorption.

MIDSOLE
AP+ is Mizuno's top of the line full-length copolymer midsole for a lighter, more resilient ride.
Smooth Ride is a gender specific network of grooves that minimizes the rapid acceleration and deceleration of the foot to create a smooth heel to toe ride.
Extended Wave Plate in the midfoot is an extension of the Mizuno Wave for increased torsional rigidity between the heel and forefoot.
Intercool ventilation system in the midsole inhibits humidity buildup to keep feet cool and dry.

UPPER
AIRmesh covers the entire upper and provides breathability to keep the foot cool.
Dynamotion Fit creates optimal fit with stretch material in the forefoot and a collar construction that prevents the heel collar from buckling under load.
OrthoLite Sockliner is anti-microbial and moisture wicking for a healthy foot environment.
Strobel Last with the upper stitched to full length fabric for a comfortable underfoot feel.

OUTSOLE
X10 is located in the heel and forefoot for enhanced traction and is composed of durable carbon rubber.

Now for some "feet on" experience.

The first time I tried them on, I was already satisfied.  They fit my feet just right.  The toe box is not big that my feet gets out of position nor they were narrow that my feet will get suffocated, they had just enough room for my toes to splay a bit. The shoe also catches my heel perfectly, I can tie the shoe a little bit loose and my heels will still keep in place.  Also, I noticed that these shoes are a bit lighter than my previous brands.  But lighter does not always mean better, I had to run with them to know their performance.

I used the shoe at the recently held Sagada Marathon.  I didn't know how they will fare because my longest run with them was just 21k prior to the event.  The shoes were very breathable, thanks to the AIRmesh, my feet did not sweat during the very cold and very hot conditions of the race.  As I have said, the shoes were light, and because of that, I had doubts that they would not give me enough support.  I was proven wrong, and I was happy to be proven that.  The shoe had also enough flexibility and stiffness that I wanted.  Lastly, I was skeptical about the Wave technology.  I am a forefoot / midfoot runner, so goes my skepticism for the Wave technology.  Fortunately, the Sagada Marathon had a very hilly route.  I had the chance to test the Wave technology during the very fast and long downhills.  The Wave technology absorbed most of the impact that I made with the ground.  I finished the run with minimal foot fatigue while also bagging 9th place.


Wearing my Mizuno Wave Inspire 9, coincidenlty also a Mizuno Shirt and Mizuno tights

All in all, I would give the Mizuno Wave Inspire 9 a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.  With an SRP of Php 4,995, I would definitely recommend this shoe. I was glad to have tried Mizuno's and I think I would stick with the brand for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment